Alright fellow audio-visual magic makers, let’s DO THIS. Make podfic or vids? Think it might be fun to try? Come play!
Please note that while vidders and podficcers will be battling at the same time, they are not competing against each other. We’ll have a vidder winner and a podfic winner.
- Sign up by copy/pasting and filling out the form below in a comment to this entry. Make sure you keep this entry bookmarked or save your answers because you’ll need to post the same information to start your comment thread on the battle post on Saturday.
( Sign-up form for VIDDERS )
( Sign-up form for PODFICCERS )
- Both vidders and podficcers have until 11am EST (9am PST/5pm GMT) on Saturday, August 4th to sign up.
- On Saturday, August 4th at 12pm EST (9am PST/5pm GMT) the battle entry will go up.
( Vidder Rules )
( Podficcer Rules )
( Rules for Prompters )
Questions and sign-ups go in the comments :D
UPDATE: We need signups! Come check it out - it’s fun and a way to help keep the fanworks flowing…
Congratulations to our winner, ayadec (18 prompts completed) and our survivors (all given prompts completed), brittaforthewin (7), crittab (16) and virtual_toast (9)!
Also congratulations to all our participants completing prompts: apartment303 (6), bottecellie (1), butterbadger (12), _carly_ (5), colonialburn (5), effulgentgirl (4), firthgal (3), fluffyfrolicker (5),hematitebadger (5), htbthomas (16), krilymcc (5), lextersdab (1), malo_malo (6), palgrave_golden (9), piesek (5), rosepetal9 (6), supercapo (9), telm_393 (2)!
There were ~150 fills, including tons of different pairings and crossover/fusions.
Full Masterpost of Fills Here!
apartment303, ayadec, bottecellie, brittaforthewin, butterbadger, _carly_, colonialburn, crittab, curlydots, firthgal, fluffyfrolicker, hematitebadger, htbthomas, krilymcc, lextersdab, malo_malo, ogwriter, palgrave_golden, piesek, rosepetal9, rowboatcop, supercapo, telm_393, virtual_toast
The first shot has been fired - the Fic Battle will now begin! Full rules and guidelines here (please note the sign-up addition and the last prompt deadline edit), but the quick version is here:
1) Author A replies to this entry with their writing preferences (from here) to start their thread. Minor changes are allowed to preferences, if needed.
2) Prompter 1 replies to Author A’s thread with a prompt
3) Author A fills said prompt with at least 300 words of fic and posts it in a reply to Prompter 1’s comment.
4) Author A moves on to Prompter 2.
5) Prompter 1 may now give Author A another prompt if they so choose, continuing on until prompts close on Thursday, June 21st at 10am EST (7am PST).
6) Authors have until Thursday, June 21st at 12pm EST (9am PST) to post their fills.
The author with the MOST fills will be the Winner! Any author who fills EVERY prompt they receive will be a Survivor!
A few additional notes:
** The length of the battle is for two reasons: A) varying free time for writing (a work-a-day writer or a weekender), and B) varying writing speeds (a tortoise or a hare).
** As the battle goes on, try to spread your prompts among the authors. If you see an author who has completed all their prompts and there’s plenty of time to the end of the battle, help them out!
** No ideas for prompts? Use resources like unfilled prompts at various comment fic memes and fests (even other fandoms which could be adapted), or random story idea generators.
** Anonymous comments are screened for the duration of the battle. Please prompt logged in.
GO HERE TO PROMPT!